2 sheets of paper per child, blue and green paint, red glitter glue, a pencil, marker, and scissors.
1. Introduce Martin Luther King with Brain Pop Video
2. Students discuss how we can help the world like MLK did and write down ideas
3. View teacher art model
4. Students trace hands and cut out
5. Paint the world with blue and green sponge paints
6. Glue hand onto the world
7. Add red heart glitter glue
Students have a verbal assessment explaining why they wrote what they did on the hand and present the art project to class.