There are many applications for using Gmail in the classroom.
1. My first planned use will be to send an email in early August to my students welcoming them to school this fall. This email will let me check if there are any bugs to the system and to see if students know how to access their email.
2. I look forward to teaching students how to use the task feature on Google Calendar. They can add homework deadlines as well as dedicated time to study or work on assignments.
3. Coupled with the calendar feature is Google Reminder. This feature will help students stay on track with their school assignments and other activities.
4. I plan to add student birthdays or other milestones to my calendar so each student can be celebrated on his or her special day (or half birthday).
5. I will create classroom groups or other significant groups for email contacts. This will save much time-a plus for any teacher.
Best wishes for your school year!
Jane Ann Becicka