Digital Citizenship Digital Literacy: Share Response - Marija Musselman
This post was updated on .
Share a specific resource you have found and how you might use this site with students.
When looking through the digital resources there were two criteria I looked for first. The digital tool needed to be free or have a long enough of a trial period to use with students. The digital tool needed to allow students under 13 to use the tool or have an account since my students are under 13. Our district uses Google Apps and Google Classroom. If the digital integrates with Google Classroom or Google Apps that was a bonus.
• Communication Tools - FlipGrid is a great way for students to respond using video. The teacher has the option to preview responses before they are posted where other students can view and interact. This is a great resource for students to introduce themselves, discuss a topic, answer or pose questions, and express opinions.
• Collaboration Tools - Google Docs and Presentations are the tools I use mostly for student collaborative work. The tools easily allow students to work on the same document or presentation. These tools can be used to write stories, create scripts, presentations, interactive stories, as well as many other options.
• Creation Tools - Canva provides many ways for students to be creative by editing photos, creating collages, designing a poster, making cards, and so much more. This digital tool has templates that will help students when they are creating.
• Critical Thinking Tools - Kahoot is an interactive digital tool I have used with students to present and review material where they select responses. Currently I prefer the digital tool Blooket. It works the same as Kahoot but has many more options and is more engaging. This tool can be used to preview new material, check for understanding, or as an assessment.
• Organization Tools - Symbaloo is a great digital tool to use with students. It's visual, can be personalized, easily edited, and shared. This tool could be used for classroom resources, assignments, digital tools, research resources, and so much more. Students can also create their own Symbaloo.
• Digital Tool I use during instruction - Pear Deck works with Google Presentation and helps to increase engagement when presenting information for lessons and also provides ways for assessment.